directional light

I know i'll get some laughter out of this, etc. My apologies for a silly question.

Just got my first bmw, love it, 2001 330i. best thing i have ever bought. My passenger side, front directional went out and I need to change it. Everything looks pretty tight in that area and was wondering if anyone might lend a trick or two to get my big hands in there.

thanks

Reply to
BMW newbie

"BMW newbie" wrote

Your big hand doesn't need to go there. There's a hole up top in the fender roll that you poke a screwdriver into to release the entire assembly. It's tricky to find it the first time, however.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Thanks for the help...but....you are correct in saying tricky. On the drivers side fender i see what might be a hole to put a screwdriver in...but on the passenger side i don't see anything. Any additional help would be great....thanks so much.

Reply to
BMW newbie

"BMW newbie" wrote

It's the oval hole. About 3" below the fender level is a release lever that you depress while levering the handle of the screw-driver backwards to pop the signal forward.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

It's a bit of a PIA, but you can remove the headlamp assembly to expose the turn signal. the headlamp can be removed and reinstalled without seriously messing up the aiming, and the aiming is easy if you need to do it.

As Fred said, there is a way to do this without taking the headlamps out, but if you can't find that route, then the fall-back position is to remove the headlamp first.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

THANKS GUYS....finally had a minute to try again, and sure enough, i got.

appreciate the help on such a minor issue!

Reply to
BMW newbie