Disabling E30 central locking

Is there an easy way to disable the central locking on an E30 (90 325is)? Mine is constantly acting up, now working, now not. I don't feel like tracking down the problem, possibly funny connections. I
usually ride it alone, so central locking is not so useful. I saw that the fuse it uses it's shared with other functions like the computer. I'd rather avoid opoening the driver's door panel to get at the module, but it might be the only way. Having to use the gas tank release from inside the trunk gets old really fast.
Thanks!
--
Ignasi.
'90 325is

on the left side under the left front speaker u should have black box- it's responsable for central locking. maybe taking out all cables of it should be sufficient. or u can just take off door panel and disconnect cables from master "engine" of central locking.
Anax