Do convertibles have glass rear windows?

Do BMW convertibles come with glass rear windows? My friend is looking for a used bmw, somewhere from 97 to 2004.

mm

jmorrison7

Starting with the 2001 cars - they were glass. Prior to that (up to

1999) they used plastic. Some of the Z3 cars were also produced with plastic after 1999.

If you can't be bothered to read the newsgroup for an answer, I can't be bothered to notify you. You see it - you see it - you don't, well.. tough.

Reply to
admin

What happened in 2000? :) Mixed, maybe.

That's not what I mean. I read the newsgroup after I post, if not all the time. But sometimes people email and the email arrives immediately and I ansewr it and then the post arrives hours later and with my software and using separate programs for news and incoming email, it's a real pain to resend the answer to the group, and I would write a slighlty different answer anyhow if I were sending it to the whole group. Some people send email copies for no special reason, and some software makes it (optionally) automatic. I use Posted and Mailed, or P&M when I post and mail, and if an email to me included merely that, I would wait until the post showed up to answer by post and by email in one step.

I don't know how to write it so it will be more clear.

mm

IIRC, the E36 series convertibles had plastic rear windows (and were unlined). These cars ended in the U.S. with the 1999 models. The E46, lined and with glass windows, began in the U.S. with the 2000 models.

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

I'll let her know what everyone has said. Thanks.

mm