does anyone know where carb is on bmw 325e

i would appreciate any info about where and what the carb is on this bmw it all looks foreign to me

Reply to
musico

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:13:11 -0400, "musico" waffled on about something:

You'll have a long search. You've got fuel injection.

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

If you need to ask, you should close the hood and go have another beer. There is nothing under the hood that you can work on if ytou can't find the carb, or identify the throttle body if the car has fuel injection. This is like asking where the tires are ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:54:25 -0700, "Jeff Strickland" waffled on about something:

Except I think it's safe to assume his car has tyres...

At least I think it's safe to assume.

Then again, wasn't that an E36 3 series I saw on worlds daftest police chases the other day with the sparks flying out from under the arches.

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

Sounds like you need to buy a book to help you understand your car. An excellent one for the E30 325e is published by Robert Bentley. They can usually be found on Ebay for around $20 to $40. A lot of us on this forum were apparently born knowing everything about BMW's and so never needed to learn.

Good Luck to You

Reply to
Jack

Throttle body? In a BMW? Never seen one.

-- C.R. Krieger Corrupter Extraordinaire

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Me neither, but the point was that if one has to ask, they ought not be under the hood.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

The last bimmer with a carb was the 2002 ti wasn't it? Or was there something in the mid-70's too after the 2002 passed on?

Anyway the 325e did not have a carb, he'll be a long time looking for it.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 08:31:20 -0400, "Somebody." waffled on about something:

I think we missed a trick here... We could have got him spraying quick start into his washer bottle by now.

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

Sure looks like a throttle body to me...

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Awright, but this guy is looking for (to use the technical term) 'the thang that puts gas inta' the motor'. 'Throttle body' often refers to a throttle body *injection* system - and we're both Smartasses=AE enough to know that BMW uses multipoint injectors. ;^)

-- C=2ER. Krieger

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Nope. Just plain old 2002. The 'ti was multiple carbs. The last '02s had 2-barrel Solexes. >:^P By that time, all other BMWs, at least in the US, were using fuel injection.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; drove that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

You mean like item #7 in this picture?

Of course, I'm just continuing along the "Smartass®" theme...

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Man look at those long runners. No wonder that car was so slow. 8)

Reply to
dizzy

Actually, item #7 is the coldstart valve, all the 325e have individual fuel injectors to each cylinder, but there is only one throttle valve for all 6 cylinders. Still have a red 325e (86) in my driveway, hopping to repair it, love that engine !!!!!!!!.

Reply to
Victor A. Garcia

I know Vic. I was just jesting. ;-) The cold start valve is a throttle body injector of sorts, eh? It sprays raw fuel into the intake manifold which then gets distributed (more or less) equally among the cylinders...

Reply to
Malt_Hound