Does the E36 have anti polen filter?

Hello all!
Does the E36 have anti polen filter? Where? I sure can't see it...
Thanks,
Vasco Ricardo

vricardo wrote:

Yep. It's up under the dash.
http://www.unofficialbmw.com/repair_faqs/microfilter.html
--
-Fred W

Yes it does.
You have to remove the Glove box and the kick plate above the passenger side foot well (assuming a left hand drive). The MICROFILTER is located immediately above the transmission hump at the forward most position in the dashboard. There is a latch that takes a 1/4-turn to open, and a cover of about 8 x 2 (inches) will come off into the passenger foot well, then the filter can be removed.
There is a block full of relays that may be in the way, but these can be moved aside by simply removing the mounting screws and pushing them agains the wires. There is no need to remove the relay block or disconnect the connectors.

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:49:14 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"

Do they all have one?
I only ask as my old E36 had them marked off as being changed during dealer services, but my new E36 has n/a written on all the service sheets.
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

waffled on about something:

Yes, they all have one. N/A means it was not serviced, it does not mean there isn't one.
If you take the time to replace it, the airflow through the Life Support System will improve greatly. That's GREATLY.

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:25:03 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"

Ooooh, in that case I think I am going to be laying upsidedown in a footwell this weekend then :o)
(Well I've got a new stereo to put in anyway, so whilst the dash is in 101 bits it would be daft not to!)
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

waffled on about something:

Well, be advised that the stereo and the microfilter share nothing in the way of access, except that you need to be in the car to get to them.
The Factory Radio takes a special 5-sided allen key to remove it, while you are at the dealership getting a new filter, buy the allen key too.
Dodgy wrote:

Yup.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw /
--