door chime (sorry 2nd post)

Hi all, I have an '87 325is and the door chime will not turn off, even with the key out and the doors closed. Is there an easy fix for this outside of
digging into the dash? I checked into yanking the fuse which is unfortunately connected to too many other components. Thanks in advance! KB

Probably the door switch - see if you can get it out and have a look.
I believe that the chime is accessable by removing the trim panel under the dash. This panel is retained by a few quarter turn fasteners so it's pretty easy to remove (less than a minute). You can just unplug the chime to silence it.