Door locks on a 1990 BMW 525i

Can someone PLEASE help!!!!--When I open any of the doors with the key or the keyless entry remote, the locks pop up then within 1 second, shut down again!! In order for me to unlock the doors, I have to turn the key counter-clockwise TWICE or hit the unlock on the keyless entry TWICE!!!-- Is there a factory reset or is this a BMW safety feature??? Thanks for your help...Don

Reply to
DMatmon

DMatmon fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

" How to resynchronize the door locks? ? After manually locking or unlocking the system, the door locks may become unsynchronized. To synchronize the locks, close all doors, trunk lid and tailgate. Lock the passenger door by turning the key clockwise into the emergency locking position (approximately 110 degrees from position O). Unlock the driver's door. If any of the locks do not operate, repeat the locking procedure until the locking system is synchronized. This might happen if a door which is not completely closed is locked, or a door handle is lifted before the interior lock button is raised."

Reply to
Steve Parry