door seal squeaks, will talcum powder fix it?

My door seal squeaks while slowing down or riding over bumpy roads. The body shop looked at it and somewhat adjusted the door lock - how tight it
is. They said to regularly apply a water-based rubber dressing and it will eventually stop squeaking.
I have read on the net to apply talcum powder after the rubber dressing to extned the seal's life.
Do you concur or what are your suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Had a '97 five series which was plagued with squeaky doors. Dealer replaced all of the rubber parts under warranty or subject to a recall/service advisory. This was after a couple of attempts to "service" the original parts.
ds

So they replaced all the door seals?

Yup!
Supposedly with a new material. Never had the squeaks subsequently, so it did the job.
DS

Go to www.bavauto.com and do a search for Gummi-Pflege. BMW used to make this stuff as the fix to sticking and creaking door seals. I'm not sure why they discontinued it, but Autosol picked it up and as far as I know is the only maker now.
Kyle. 98 740iL 01 525i
On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:16:56 GMT, "Kyle and Lori Greene"

    Note, the original poster didn't quote his model of BMW. G-P is not recommended for the cars made in the US, because they use a different supplier for those cars. I read about this on a Z4 forum.     epbrown -- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
My suggestion is to ignore it. Cars squeak and creak going over uneven surfaces. If you wanted to put some baby powder on a rag and wipe the seals, you might lubricate the rubber and metal surfaces to stop the squeaks, but I'm certain your passengers will take no offense that your car squeaks a bit when it is twisted by uneven surfaces.

Hello,
For natural rubber you might use glycerine that you might buy at the chemist's.
Best regards
GunnarH

gummi pflege
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=gummi+pflege+squeak&spell=1

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=gummi+pflege+squeak&spell=1
And it does a great job rejuvenating black rubber rub strips on doors & bumpers.
Tom K.
Notgiven wrote:

I use silicone spray.

You REALLY don't want to get that on your paint. Ever.