Driver's seat

01 E39. Driver's seat and power tilt stopped working at the same time. Passenger seat works fine. Both run on the same circuit, fuse 13 ok. Memory
mirrors which is also on the same circuit still work fine. module also seems fine. If anyone has any ideas I could sure use some direction.
TIA.
It sounds like the gears inside the seat are broken.
Try this link ...
http://www.odometergears.com /

Try posting your query here: http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/e39 /
There's more E39 specific expertise available.
R / John

There's no protection against things dropping between the seats and the arm rest. I happened that a small coin got stuck inside the mechanism of my Z3 seats. Pretty difficult to extract it!
Use an angle mirror and be patient, very patient, looking carefully everywhere underneath !

hands etc slipped under the seat and got tangled in the gears.
Ouch! Took ages to get it all out.

thanks to all who replied. It turned out to be a bad seat module.