Driver's seat

01 E39. Driver's seat and power tilt stopped working at the same time. Passenger seat works fine. Both run on the same circuit, fuse 13 ok. Memory mirrors which is also on the same circuit still work fine. module also seems fine. If anyone has any ideas I could sure use some direction.

TIA.

It sounds like the gears inside the seat are broken.

Try this link ...

Jeff Strickland

Try posting your query here:

There's more E39 specific expertise available.

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

There's no protection against things dropping between the seats and the arm rest. I happened that a small coin got stuck inside the mechanism of my Z3 seats. Pretty difficult to extract it!

Use an angle mirror and be patient, very patient, looking carefully everywhere underneath !

"s" a écrit dans le message news: n_Dei.184005$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe20.lga...

Reply to
frischmoutt

Had a problem with a Rover seat. A rag I kept for wiping the screen and or my hands etc slipped under the seat and got tangled in the gears.

Ouch! Took ages to get it all out.

Reply to
steve-caner