Driving School Cost

How much do you pay for a 1-day or 2-day driver's school? I paid $260 for a 2-day deal and thought that was a pretty good price considering all the instruction I received.

Tom wrote:

Was this for general driving skills, or for some advanced subject?
--
- Michael J. Astrauskas

Michael J. Astrauskas wrote:

sitting in the passenger seat type of event. I was one of 70 students, 5 different run groups (beginners to advanced). I'm not sure how much other clubs charge for this type of driving event around the US.
Tom wrote:

That is good, by BMW CCA standards. I'd say about average for a 'second-tier' track (one that generally doesn't host pro racing events) like Brainerd, Second Creek, Blackhawk Farms, Moroso, or Nelson Ledges. The cost of the track often drives the price up significantly, so you will find schools at such high profile venues as Mid Ohio, Sears Point, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, and Road America to be about $100 higher. Where was your school? Who hosted it? -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)
C.R. Krieger wrote:

The St. Louis BMW Club (host) uses Gateway International Raceway in Madison, Ilinois....across the river from the Arch (link below). Our costs at Gateway and for insurance have been slowly going up year after year but we've held our price constant. What's happening is that our number of student break even point gets higher and higher.
http://www.gatewayraceway.com /
I was trying to find out how much people pay for this type of event everywhere in the US for a 2-day school. Are others paying $200 or $300 or $400. We need to adjust our pricing.
Gateway is a nice track, but has lots of things to run into.....walls, tires, etc. The tracks you mentioned are much more forgiving if you should happen to end up on the grass.
Tom
Tom wrote:

'we' implies that you're an organizer.

Why not just ask on the BMWCCA DEC Yahoo group? It's a moderated group you need to join, but if you're part of organizing your schools, I'm sure they'll have no problem allowing you in. Shoot an email to Wynne Smith at 'CCA national. -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)