e23 Auto transmision

I have just purchased a 735i with 250 k klms on it. There is a just perceptible shudder in the auto, until it warms up than it appears to go away.
Anyone have any ideas on this problem?

Tranny fluid flows more easily when warm. I'd try changing the filter screen inside the gearbox, this should be done every 50k miles. Remember to check the fluid level on this gearbox when the engine is running, not off!