E30 check system question...

Last week, I installed an alarm on my car. I did this more for the neat extras (remote start and window automation) than for security although it is nice to know when someone is screwing with my car. Anyhow, part of the remote start system requires a wire be attached to the brake circuit. When the vehicle is remote started, stepping on the brake before inserting and turning the key will shut the car back off. The problem I have is that when using the remote start, inserting the key and stepping on the brake leaves the brake light indicator lit on the check display. It goes out if the car is started normally. Is there an easy way to correct this such as adding a resistor to the alarm system wire? Any idea how much of a resistor would be required to fool the check system?

Reply to
Psycho