E30 door lock problem

1991 318iS The power locks do not work from the driver's door. They appear to work from the passenger side (I can hear what I believe is the sound of the locks working) but it doesn't lock the driver's door. I can actuate the locks from the trunk, but again not effect one the driver's door. Where do I start looking/testing to find the culprit? Thanks

Matt

Reply to
MWarren

Does your car have remote power locks? Can you lock the driver's door from the outside with the key? There are 2 lock settings with a key only system. One position just locks all the doors, the other is the security lock which can ONLY be unlocked from the driver's door.

Reply to
tech27

Sounds very like a faulty motor on the driver's door.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Could be a bad motor. But I'd also unplug the connector to the door as the pins at the bottom can rust out.

Reply to
John Burns

Inside the driver's door.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

No, I do not have the remote locking system. The key will lock and unlock the driver door, or it can be done from inside the car. I wouldn't think it to be just the motor since the other locks don't lock from there.

Reply to
MWarren