E30 door lock problem

1991 318iS The power locks do not work from the driver's door. They appear to work from the passenger side (I can hear what I believe is the sound of
the locks working) but it doesn't lock the driver's door. I can actuate the locks from the trunk, but again not effect one the driver's door. Where do I start looking/testing to find the culprit? Thanks
Matt
Does your car have remote power locks? Can you lock the driver's door from the outside with the key? There are 2 lock settings with a key only system. One position just locks all the doors, the other is the security lock which can ONLY be unlocked from the driver's door.

No, I do not have the remote locking system. The key will lock and unlock the driver door, or it can be done from inside the car. I wouldn't think it to be just the motor since the other locks don't lock from there.

Sounds very like a faulty motor on the driver's door.
--
*INDECISION is the key to FLEXIBILITY *

Could be a bad motor. But I'd also unplug the connector to the door as the pins at the bottom can rust out.

Inside the driver's door.