E30 Inspection 1 Procedure

The SI lights on my E30 are telling me it's time for an Inspection 1 service, but I'm struggling to find an online resource detailing exactly what work I should carry out at this point. I did the discs and
pads last year, and the oil & fluids are about 9k miles old. I'm planning on doing the belt and tappet adjustments some time this summer. Does anyone know where I can find a list of other items that should be checked or replaced at Inspection 1? The car's a UK 1990 320i with about 140k miles.
Thanks!
Mark
MarkS wrote:

http://www.verrill.com/car/maintenance/e30maintenance.shtml
--
-Fred W

Fred W wrote:

Just what I was after. Thanks!
MarkS wrote:

Initially the service indicators were a complicated function of engine load / mileage / age etc. BMW then realised that the interval was actually directly related to the amount of fuel burned and they now base the interval on that. To further simplify things I have always found the interval to be fairly static at about 6,500 to 7,000 miles no matter how I drive. Simply put; change the oil religiously with a filter every interval - it is cheap preventative medicine, and change the timing belt every 40,000 miles; everything else can be looked at as and when it needs doing. Brakes by inspection ( although new fluid every couple of years is a good idea ) valve clearances - have a look and see - fiddly but relatively simple job. The real secret to servicing cars is NOT to just leave it to when the manufacturer says things need doing but to understand your car and keep an eye on stuff - especially fluid levels.
I'll stop waffling now.
Dave
P.s. if you go to BMW they will actually provide you with a service schedule - in fact I think that it may be in your manual.
David Matkin wrote:

Thanks, I was aware of that, it was more a case of wanting to know, for example, whether they recommend the gearbox oil being changed at inspection 1, or only at 2. The belt's due anyway, and it is obvious to the ear that the tappets need adjusting so I'll do them at the same time. I'm also half tempted to keep an eye out for a good M20B25 and box, rebuild it and drop that in, but that's another story!