E30 mouse nest in glove box

As I took my car out of the barn this morning I saw a mouse run across the driveway. I didn't think anything of it until I got to work and opened the glove box. Inside was a shredded package of tissues and
some paperwork is slightly damaged.
I'll put a mouse trap in there tonight, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or knew of a likely spot that the mouse was getting into the car so I could seal that opening. This is an '88 325ic and has been parked with the windows up. Last peek in the glove box was a week or two ago so the mouse has not been in there too long.
Christopher

Heater air intake?

Mice chew insulation on wires. They shit. They piss. This is not good. It was building a nest there.
Isn't the heater air intake through the two cowel vents at the base of the windshield? Those aren't damaged and are screened well enough to keep a mouse out, or so it seems.
I checked some other likely places like where the heating and refrigeration hoses pass thru the firewall. Also the big wiring harness which enters right behind the glove box. All are seled up just fine.
Christopher
On Mar 19, 5:11 pm, snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net (Richard Sexton) wrote:

Mice can get in through a hole that is dime-sized (US dime, about 11/16" diameter). The A/C drain hole is probably big enough. There are also penetrations for the clutch, brake and throttle, drain holes in the trunk, the gearshift (they wouldn't have to chew through the boot - there's room in the console attachment.), etc.
FloydR
wrote

And if there isn't hole the little barstards will make one.
Is there spilled / waste food in your car? Mice will chew plastic etc., but it does not nourish them.

As it is an E30 Convertible, the mouse could have come in from anywhere, just like the water does! ;-)

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

I've used those dryer sheets to ward off rodents. Especially if i'm storing the car for a while. Like that stuff Bounce .. put a sheet in the glove box, trunk, engine compartment.
The critters don't like the smell