E30 normal vs M3 brake caliper fitment, cheap upgrade?

Can E30 M3 brake calipers be bolted onto a normal E30 strut? The mounting brackets is different, but is the hole spacing the same for the two brackets?
I believe a VW Corrado G60 11" brake disc will fit an E30 four bolt. It's the same diameter as the 280mm M3 discs. So if M3 calipers can fit a normal E30 we have an easy brake upgrade ;-)