Seasons Greetings all.
I've run into a particularly odd problem with a "project" 325e
manufactured 8/86 that simply refuses to start. Here's a brief run down
of what occurred:
1. I received the vehicle from a mechanic who had a lien against the
title due to non payment.
2. It had a used engine that had been installed.
3. The reference and speed sensor wires had been cut, the radiator
removed and the cooling system disconnected. After many hours of
re-routing, and filling the cooling system to find the heater core
leaking, I finally reassembled the car.
4.Turned it over and it started, ran, not particularly well perhaps due
to , but ran none-the-less.
Hearing that the muffler was leaking, I removed it, and replaced it.
Installed the new muffler, and reconnected the O2 sensor. It was at
this point that the vehicle refused to start again.:
1.Checking the obvious,I removed the muffler and left only the pipe to
the mid section to verify back pressure.
2. I found that there is spark,
3. compression is good, and
4. fuel delivery is 41PSI at the rail.
5. Passed the reference sensor over a metal tab, and heard the relay
click and verified fuel delivery.
6. Removed, tested and reinstalled all relays.
7. Verified sound of relay for fuel injection.
When I directly connect the cold start valve to 12v, the car
immediately starts, however it runs rough, as there is no direct
injection there. as soon as the Cold Start is disconnected, the engine
cuts off. Any ideas on why fuel is not getting past the injectors (ALL
6?!?!) and what would be any suggestions for what I can do next. I'm as
wits end as to what to do now. Thanks for your time and knowledge!