E30: turn signal turns on brights

Page 2 of 2
hi, tried your email , bounces back. Even tried it with a "h" in eartlink, still comes back...this time though it tells me your mailbox is full...clean it out and i'll try again later today...cheers dave
or email me davde-at-internet-dot-look-dot-ca snuka wrote:

Be sure you haven't got any foreign objects in the switch that is causing your problems. The switch is really a realy simple device, and you should be able to spot the trouble.

I had this *exact* issue on a '86 325e.
I bought a new switch online and put it in and problem went away. Agree a used one would have been cheaper :)
In my case it seems like the switch was mechanically worn - in fact when it was broken you could mechanically wrestle the brights off just be holding it in the off position even when the turn signal was going. IIRC, it was only for right turns. I think this is a mechanical issue with the switch and not a worn contact issue.