E30 Wiper motor

Hi,
I'm trying to remove the wiper motor to clean the grease off the contacts as its growling and the arms are refusing to return to the park position.
I'm attempting to get it out through the small vent hole on the passenger side but at the moment I can't seem to disconnect the electrical plug / connector. Whats the trick with this connector? Please reply before I loose patience and cut the wires, thinking that it might be OK to splice them back in later.
Thanks in advance,
Al.
Also if it turns out that I need a new/second hand wiper motor any suggestions of where to get one appreciated!
Add pictures here
โœ–
here's a photo to show you what the connector looks like
http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/aelobb/detail?.dir=/28a9re2&.dnmt65re2.jpg&.src=ph
Add pictures here
โœ–
All BMW wiring connectors have some sort of locking provision built into them. It's been a long time since I replaced my wiper linkage but I think the connector used the wire spring lock which is just like the one on the air flow meter. You need a very small screwdriver or hook to pull the wire lock out of its groove before attempting to remove the connector. Practice on the air flow meter where you can see what you're doing.

Add pictures here
โœ–
great, thanks for the advice I knew there was a trick to it.
Now where do I find the air flow meter connector?
Add pictures here
โœ–
Sounds like you could benefit from obtaining a service manual. The best one is available here:
http://www.bmwworld.com/models/e30.htm Here's the cheapest wiper motor I could find. http://www.autohausaz.com/search/productx.aspx?gkw=BMW+325IC+Wiper+Motor&gad=CPvVo5gCEgiM5kBgtQXq4Rjtn_T8AyCXvNMT&makeid €0003@BMW&modelid00778@325IC&year87&cid5@Wipers%20&%20Wiper%20System&gid957@Wiper%20Motor

Add pictures here
โœ–
Jack wrote:

I did this job a few months ago. I don't particularly remember a wire spring clip, but if there is one, you should just be able to squeeze it towards the connector as you pull them apart, those kind of spring clips don't need removing. The two halves of the connector come together through a rectangular hole in the metal bracket, which you can see in the picture, but neither half is actually fixed to that bracket, so just pull the connectors away from each other and they'll fall away from the bracket allowing you to remove the whole thing. I remember finding it a bit tricky to get the motor out, but it does fit, and when you've cleaned the contacts it'll run like new.
Add pictures here
โœ–