E32 wheel wobble (still!)

Page 2 of 2
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Yep, and they are fairly massive (24mm socket needed) and heavy. The hubs are studded and the clearance between the stud and the wheel is pretty tight - it encourages you to use copper grease when putting the wheels back on :-)
My local tyre fitting emporium (no longer getting my custom) once forgot to torque up the front wheel nuts when they put new boots on the Discovery ... it made for "interesting" steering at 70mph!
--
Regards

Steve G

Of course with rigid axles front and back, wheel runout just ain't as critical as on vehicles with less unsprung weight.
--
*I want it all and I want it delivered