E34 520i/ M50 2.0 - MAF upgrade

Just thinking a loud here gents...
1) 2.0 M50 - Would upgrading to a bigger T/body as well as the 525/2.5 MAF bring more power?
2) IF using the 2.5 T/body, The MAF from a 2.5 would need to be
rewired ? IS that advisable?
3) Use 2.5 T/Body - keep original 2.0 MAF ? Any good ?
Your advice / feedback appreciated.
Cheers Dom
p.s. I:m currently running a 2.0 Euro Spec M50.

Your intake tract is the same as a 525i (actually your throttle body MIGHT be smaller, I'm not certain) and it makes 42bhp more. So your intake is not a limiting factor.
For a MAF upgrade you'd need M52 parts and the electronics are a big problem in this regard.
A used M50 2.5 would be your best bang for the buck.

Hi John,
thanks much on your advice..loved your other articles on your website.
Cheers Dominic