E34 520i/ M50 2.0 - MAF upgrade

Just thinking a loud here gents...

1) 2.0 M50 - Would upgrading to a bigger T/body as well as the 525/2.5 MAF bring more power?

2) IF using the 2.5 T/body, The MAF from a 2.5 would need to be rewired ? IS that advisable?

3) Use 2.5 T/Body - keep original 2.0 MAF ? Any good ?

Your advice / feedback appreciated.

Cheers Dom

p.s. I:m currently running a 2.0 Euro Spec M50.

Reply to
DOM

Your intake tract is the same as a 525i (actually your throttle body MIGHT be smaller, I'm not certain) and it makes 42bhp more. So your intake is not a limiting factor.

For a MAF upgrade you'd need M52 parts and the electronics are a big problem in this regard.

A used M50 2.5 would be your best bang for the buck.

Reply to
John Burns

Hi John,

thanks much on your advice..loved your other articles on your website.

Cheers Dominic

Reply to
DOM