E34 525I front end noise

On bumps in the road I hear a knocking or rattling noise that seems to be coming from right front wheel area. Steering and ride seem fine. About 160K miles on the car. Is this a bad strut ? or bushings?

Anti-roll bar link, just changed them on my E38. cheap and easy :-)
go to http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f  and see there... likely to be control arm bushings or similar

This is a complaint that would be crazy for anyone to say it is this or that, since there are several bushings and ball jounts in the front suspension links, and they all will need to be checked in order to locate which one it is. The previous two responses are very likely causes. The most common worn-out part in the front suspension on an E34 is the pull-strut, or lower control arm bushings. The easiest way to check these is to drive at slow speeds around 5 mph and jab the brakes. You can sometimes stick your head out the window and watch the front wheels, or even easier have someone else watch the front wheels and observe if they shift back more than approximately 1 inch. If they do then the bushings are definitely bad, but you still need to check the rest of the suspension, because you don't want to replace bushings in a control arm that has neary worn out ball joints, where you will have to replace them again soon. If your pull-strut bushings are worn out, I would suggest that you use bushings for an E32 750i. They are stronger and cheaper. Any other suggestions with out hands on diagnosis would be foolish and just throwing parts at a problem hoping to fix it. Good Luck.