e34 coolant leak

95 525i 140000 miles. I just brought this car from sunny Florida to New Hampshire and it seems to have a few issues with me doing so. While warming, i have noticed a slow (1 drip per 10 seconds) leak in the
lower rear part of the motor, and it drips on to the exhaust. Stops after car has reached operating temp. Also, when cold, steering creeks like cold rubber sounds. Seems like I need to let her acclimate a bit, eh? The coolant leak is worrisome though, hoping its not head gasket related.
Thought and comment appreciated.
go here: http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f  best e34 forum.
but you can try checking the fluid level in the power steering tank!
are you sure it is coolant leaking from the BACK of your engine? can you see the part that is actually leaking? hose? bad gasket?
David N Emmet wrote:

Leaky heater core would be a good bet. The are infamous for it. It's actually the rubber O rings that usually fail. Lots of fun or big bucks if you're paying someone else to fix it. Turn the heat on, does it smell kinda sweet and/or fog your windows?