E34 coolant leak - can I fix it?

Hi
1992 525i I've had since new & maintained by BMW, 116,000 mi. The car has a relatively new water pump (last major service).
Noticed a small puddle of coolant on garage floor yesterday. Looked
into the engine compartment and it's wet at the base of the reservoir (seems integral to the radiator on L/H side). I do not know if the reservoir is separate/removable or not, but if there is a seal at the base of it, my suspicion is that is what may be leaking.
If it is separate, is it a big deal/tricky to fix myself? I've some experience tinkering with cars and a respectable set of tools.
Any tips appreciated.
Thanks, Nate
Why is it all the sensors seeking intelligent

Time for a new radiator. BMW went to aluminum cores with plastic reservoirs and they're crap (although the older ones are better than newer ones.) You can even spend more money for a completely metal one rather than OEM, but it's not likely to be cost-effective given the age and miles of the car.
FloydR
Just crack an egg or two into it.
Steve
wrote

I'm going to look into the all metal version. I plan on having the car another 10 years or so. Thanks.
Nate
Why is it all the sensors seeking intelligent
go here and search or post, they will solve your issues fast and properly... http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f &page=1&sort=lastpost&order=&pp`&daysprune=-1

Thanks. I had seen this link in a reply of yours on another subject and it looks encouraging. Still looking into the do's and don'ts of the forum aside from the FAQ.