E34 Coolant Level Warning

I have a 1993 E34 with the M50 engine and I'm getting a coolant level warning. I have done the following: checked the coolant level - everything is OK changed the sensor with the float - still get the warning and the sensor was tested to be sure it worked. checked for blown fuse in the main fuse box - none found check the ground wire for continuity - checked out OK

I'm still getting the warning and I'm out of ideas - any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know how to take off the decorative cover on the outside mirrors without damaging the cover? I need to replace the driver's side mirror and according to the Bentley manual, there is an access slot under the mirror which I don't see, so I assume the cover comes off to gain access.

Rich 1993 525i / 145K miles

I took mine off to paint it. I removed the mirror first by tilting it up enough to get a thin knife behind it to unclip it from it's mounting on the adjustment mechanism. Once you've done that, the cover is easily removed. TBH I forget how, but it is easy, and obvious, once you can see inside the housing. Being very easy is probably why I can't recall exactly what I did, and it was a few months ago. :-) Mike.

Does the '93 E34 have a bleeder for the cooling system? Sometimes trapped air will give you a warning light. Joe