E34 M50 hesitation on cold start

my '92 525i hesitates on cold start. however, if i switch the ignition key to on pos a couple times before ignition, the car starts right up. fuel
pump? thanks for your input. BTW, car only has 42,000 miles. I've brought the maintenance up to date on cooling system, transmission service and other areas of that need TLC with this model. love the car so far! Mike