E34 Rear Shock Tower (129k)

I have recently determined that what I had believed was a squeeky shock actually turned out to be a broken rear shock tower. Looking for guidence on a fair price for replacing. Also, I assume it makes sense to replace both rear shocks to scale the labor. Any advise would be appreciated. Thx

Reply to
Wattage

You can do this piecemeal and risk your car leaning forward or aft, or you can do it all at once. Piecemeal, rear Sachs shocks are 85 a piece. The springs are 85 a piece(Boge) or 250 for all 4(Eibach Prokit).

If your shocks are over 100K miles old, you probably have lowering/settling on both sides of the car and you don't even know it. Springs settle and struts/shocks get squishy. In short, you should replace all 4 springs(Eibach or OEM) and your 2 shocks and 2 struts(Sachs). It's 680 bucks about, and labor is a killer too so find a cheap mechanic. Good luck.

Reply to
Enoch Root

Thanks, this helps!

Reply to