E34 Rear Shock Tower (129k)

I have recently determined that what I had believed was a squeeky shock actually turned out to be a broken rear shock tower. Looking for guidence on a fair price for replacing. Also, I assume it makes sense
to replace both rear shocks to scale the labor. Any advise would be appreciated. Thx
On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:40:49 -0700, Wattage wrote:

You can do this piecemeal and risk your car leaning forward or aft, or you can do it all at once. Piecemeal, rear Sachs shocks are 85 a piece. The springs are 85 a piece(Boge) or 250 for all 4(Eibach Prokit).
If your shocks are over 100K miles old, you probably have lowering/settling on both sides of the car and you don't even know it. Springs settle and struts/shocks get squishy. In short, you should replace all 4 springs(Eibach or OEM) and your 2 shocks and 2 struts(Sachs). It's 680 bucks about, and labor is a killer too so find a cheap mechanic. Good luck.
Thanks, this helps!