E34 Seats

I want to replace my drivers seat, as it has worn, but it's not easy to find a drivers seat thats in great condidtion (like the rest of my seats) could I use a front passenger seat? Would it fit?

It might, but all the seat controls would be on the wrong side. I suspect most would foul the centre console. Mike.