E34 Speedo Problem

Hi, the needle on the speedo in my E34, starts off at below 0mph, so when it says I am doing 20mph, then I am probably doing about 30mph. It is a pain not accurately knowing what speed your doing, as plod
doesn't take a faulty speedo as an excuse.
So any ideas of how to fix it? (other than buying a new instrument cluster)