E34 starting to sound deeper

Hi,
My 92 525i (E34) is starting to sound a bit deeper than it used to. The downside of my short commute is I don't think the exhaust ever warms up
enough. Is this the front or rear muffler most likely needing replacing? The catalytic converter should be OK, no?
Thanks,
Peter

coolest. The cat and middle box should be ok. My last E34 had 362,000miles on it and it had only ever had one replacement middle box in all that time. Then again it was mostly motorway miles so the whole system was nice and hot.
JB
362,000 miles! I only have 108,000 on mine. Kudos to a ripe old age. Any thoughts on how you got your E34 to live so long?
Peter

because it's solid, but what is the secret to getting 360k?