E34 touring sunroof

Hi all, just bougt a 525i estate, 1992, with a double sunroof. Not bothered about the back section, but I really enjoy a sunroof, and it was a factor in choosing the car. After reading this group, it appears
that these are doomed to failure. The car has 174k miles, and the sunroof is working fine, is there anything I can do to prevent failure (apart from not use it)? many thanks, Jamie
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Believe me, just pull the fuse. The touring sunroofs are crap and when they fail, will be very expensive to fix. Why BMW just didn't use the standard sunroofs on their 515i Sedans is beyond me.

I think the cost of the double sunroof as an option was about 2500 GBP! My techie has one on his 525iX, seems to work OK. I think the trick is to use it at least once a month to stop it siezing up.