e34 tourings vs Benz early to mid 90's 300 TE

any BMW touring owners have owned the Benz 300TE wagons (early to mid

90's) as well? how do they compare? I have only heard about the 4matic being problematic in the Benz but wanted to know how they fared against the e34 touring...
Reply to
sportrider90

The E300 is a wallowing barge by comparison to an E34 Tourer.Build quality is similar, but I'd rather work on the e34 than an E300.

JB

Reply to
JB

Now post that exchange on the Merc NG and see what you get...

alt.auto.mercedes

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

First off please try not to top post. I replied to the original poster not to start some 'willy-waving' flame war, but giving him my honest experience of both vehicles. I've owned 4 E34 Tourers in the last 13yrs and worked on dozens for other friends/friends of friends. I've also looked after (servicing/minor repairs/suspension work/brakes etc) an E class estate for a neighbour, and driven quite a few miles in it. I can only say that anyone who says the MB will 'handle' better than the E34 is either on drugs, or has never found a twisty road to 'play' on.

JB

Reply to
JB

Yes, sir No, sir Three bags full, Sir...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling