E34 transmission oil cooling kit?

I have a 1995 525i that I am struggling to keep viable. There are cracks in the radiator where the lines from the transmission come in, so I'm looking for an oiling cooling kit.
But I'm googling and can't find one for my car.
Ever heard of one? Is there an alternative?
Add pictures here
✖

On my 1999 E36 323i with the ZF 5-speed box, the trans fluid cooler is a completely separate unit, mounted to the front of the rad itself. You could use one of those I suppose, if the water section of the rad is still ok.
JB
Add pictures here
✖

I'm not sure what you're looking for here.... the transmission cooler is part of the radiator... they both get changed as a single unit. --scott

✖
On Jul 10, 4:14 pm, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Yes, my problem is that I need a new radiator plus the lines to the transmission. But the car is not in good condition and not worth a big investment (that would be more than $500 I would guess), and I was looking to do it on the cheap, by bypassing the radiator and installing a separate cooler.
After my original post I realized I would not find a kit for this car, for the reason you mentioned. I saw generic oil cooling kits in an auto parts store, But I might have a hard time fitting one of these in, as I think it would go in front of the radiator.
By the way, what *is* in front of the radiator?
Add pictures here
✖

If the transmission cooler is in bad shape, the rest of the radiator is too. Replace the whole thing before something else cracks.
If you have to find a junkyard radiator, do that rather than trying to cobble up something else.

This doesn't seem like a very good idea. --scott

✖

If you can google and search the internet, you can find a new radiator for about $125 US. It may be a Chinese made one, but it will be new and prevent future problems.
FWIW, I have recently seen even name brand (Behr) products with a "Made in China" label on them.
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks. That sounds like the best approach. I'm having a hard time finding the lines to the transmission though.
Add pictures here
✖

Inlet - 17 22 1 728 763 www.pelicanparts.com $65.50 Outlet - 17 22 1 728 764 same source and cost
Add pictures here
✖

IF you are really hard up for money, you can CAREFULLY remove the fittings on both ends of each hose (and that means using the correct wrench which might be a flare nut wrench actually, and which IS NOT vice-grips), and taking the things down to a heavy equipment shop that specializes in hydraulics. They can reuse the existing fittings and crimp new hose onto them (replacing the crimp part of course). This MAY be cheaper than OEM replacements depending on your local economy and how nice they are feeling that day. --scott

✖
On Jul 12, 8:12 pm, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Thanks. Sounds good. The transmission has 220k on it, and I'm just gambling I can get another year out of it.
I do see a cooler here http://data.bmrparts.com/bmwparts/36_6857246656279U.html
but haven't called yet to see if this it's appropriate.
Add pictures here
✖