e34 wheels on 39

will e34 wheels fit on e39?
thanks, mike

mike wrote:

No. The hubcentric bore diameter is smaller on E34s than on E39s, so the E34 wheel will not fit over the E39 hub. You can go the other way though, fit E39 wheels on an E34, by using hubcentric spacer rings.
-Fred W

No. E34 wheels have a smaller central location. Hence E39 wheels need reducing adaptors to fit E34's. My E34 is fitted with E39 wheels, so I know this is correct. Mike.