E36 1994 hints for gaining access to the power lock mechanism

Hi! The passenger side lock motor on my 94' 325iC has started to fail to actually unlock the door perhaps 80% of the times. The electrical motor itself sounds ok, and it's not always possible to unlock by pulling the handle from inside the car either, so I suspect it's a mechanical problem (some bent rod or whatever is inside the mechanism, something stuck etc). It almost always works by unlocking from the outside with the key.

Before dismantling the door to actually look for the problem I just wanted to ask if any of you have a hint about the procedure - doors sometimes contain small plastic hinges and other stuff that can break if you do not know where they are located.

Regards,

Bjorn

Reply to
BW

My car was behaving oddly in this area, and I fixed it with a drop of oil on the latching mechanism.

If you open the door and use your finger to latch the mechanism, then pull on the door handles to allow the latch to open, you will see the part that needs a few drops of oil.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland