e36 318is bogs down at certain throttle positions

Hello all, I have been battling a problem with my 93 318is for about 5 months now. It runs strong when cold but as it reaches normal operating temp,
it seems to bog down when the accelerator is applied medium to hard. I have learned to back of the accelerator just a bit and the hesitation goes away, as long as I apply the accelerator slowly thereafter. I have checked and replaced all old or worn vacume hoses. I have sprayed carb cleaner around hoses to identify leaks. I have good compression and burn no oil. (plugs are all normal) I have taken the Idle air control valve off and cleaned it. If the fuel pump was weak, would it not happen all the time?
ANY input would be greatly appreciated.
Dave

Is she running rich due to a bad temp sensor?
Nice car BTW.
John Burns wrote:

That was the first Part I replaced. It was a few months ago so I had forgotten about it. It changed nothing. The car does not seem to be running rich, but could it be running lean? Thanks Dave

Badly adjusted or dodgy air flow meter?
If it was only at idle I'd suggest the throttle position switch.
I have a 318ti (same engine) with exactly the same problem. It's always been dealer maintained, fault code checked at every service, had the timing recall done, had a new camshaft sensor fitted but the problem remains. I've come to regard it as a "feature" of the M44 engine and got used to the fact that I have to come off the throttle slightly to go faster (?!).
If you ever find a reason for it please let me know!
Zero.
Well, I will keep digging or replace the car. This is my 6th bmw but the first one that gave me issues. If I ever get to the bottom of this, I will definetly let everyone know.

Have you tried replacing the fuel pressure regulator and checking it's vacuum hose?
I replaced the vacuum hose a couple of weeks ago. I unplugged the hose i figured the thing would run different, even under load, it ran the same. could this mean the regulator is bad? I will try and find one this weeked. How can you test it? Thanks much