E36 325is - Is there a 6 Speed Transmission out there?

Hi, As the subject says, is there a 6 speed manual transmission that is a direct bolt on replacement for the factory 5 speed in the 1995 E36 325is?
Something just doesn't site right with me with the 5 speed. The engine is at 3500 -3700 RPMs when I'm doing 75 - 80 MPH. That just seems really high for a "cruising" speed. My 2000 540i with 6 speed manual is no where CLOSE to those RPMs at the same speeds. (Yes I realise it's a completely different car.)
And who is this Getrag company who's name I keep seeing pop up with BMW transmissions?
Thanks, Wayne K
Here si one conversion: http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com/store/shop.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Codea34&Product_Code=6SP000&Category_Code=6SPC
It is way expensive! You may want to consider just installing a lower ratio differential.
Bob

Here si one conversion: http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com/store/shop.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Codea34&Product_Code=6SP000&Category_Code=6SPC
It is way expensive! You may want to consider just installing a lower ratio differential.
Bob

Here si one conversion: http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com/store/shop.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Codea34&Product_Code=6SP000&Category_Code=6SPC
It is way expensive! You may want to consider just installing a lower ratio differential.
Bob

The sixth gear may not intrinsically be a lower ratio than fifth on a five speed. But I'd agree - something like 21 mph/1000 rpm in fifth seems very low for a BMW which are all designed for very high speed cruising. My old 525 auto from about the same time was something like 36mph/1000 in 5th gear. But the easiest way would be to change the final drive unit.

BMW buy in their transmissions and Getrag make the manual ones - ZF the autos, although some US cars use GM.
--
*Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines *

<SNIPPED>

Dave, Are you taking about the gears in the rear end? If so, who makes different gear sets for the E36 3 series? Where can I purchase a different "final drive unit" Will I find them on Bavauto.com and the like, or is it a more specialized piece of kit?
Cheers, Wayne K.

Differential building is an art. You don't just install gears. That said, here are 2 places I can recommend:
www.koalamotorsport.com www.metricmechanic.com
Both have great reputations, and I have personally bought from Jim Rowe at Metric Mechanic.
Bob

To me the easy way would be a secondhand complete unit. Probably from a 328.
--
*When companies ship Styrofoam, what do they pack it in? *