E36 A/C blower motor

How do you replace the blower motor on a 95 318 sedan. I have removed the cover, and the linkages, but the intake manifold is in the way. Do i have to remove that as well?

Thanks in advance, R

Reply to
rspen

That would be the blower motor for the ventilation. I've removed the air intake grid below the windshield in the engine compartment, removed the shroud covering the blower motor. Then I released the retainer clip. Upon removing the motor from the shroud, the squirrel cages get hung up between the air intake opening and the intake manifold. In what order do I have to move the motor/squirrel cage assembly to get it out? It seems it is very inconvenient to replace. The local shop wants $700 parts and labor to replace it, and I would like to DIY. Any comments?

Thanks in advance, R

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

removed

Reply to