E36 A/C blower motor

How do you replace the blower motor on a 95 318 sedan. I have removed the cover, and the linkages, but the intake manifold is in the way. Do i have to remove that as well?
Thanks in advance, R
That would be the blower motor for the ventilation. I've removed the air intake grid below the windshield in the engine compartment, removed the shroud covering the blower motor. Then I released the retainer clip. Upon removing the motor from the shroud, the squirrel cages get hung up between the air intake opening and the intake manifold. In what order do I have to move the motor/squirrel cage assembly to get it out? It seems it is very inconvenient to replace. The local shop wants $700 parts and labor to replace it, and I would like to DIY. Any comments?
Thanks in advance, R