E36 accelerator pedal

I have a 96 328i......5 speed manual......
Under the gas pedal there is a bolt sticking out of the floorboard. If I screw that bolt in tighter, might I end up
with more acceleration....or am I going to be putting strain on the linkage to the fuel system?
My guess is the latter and I shouldn't mess with the bolt....
But I thought I'd ask. Any thoughts?
Tom Allen
Each turn will yield an extra 25 mph on the top end and the acceleration will increase by about 1/2 second 0-60. Tighten it all of the way and your 328i will run over 175 MPH and hit 60MPH in less than 4 seconds! This is a huse secret and I can't believe you found it! Keep this to yourself...
Tom Allen wrote:

But everyone knows it only works if you paint additional numbers on the speedometer....
Tom K.

Tom K. wrote:

That's what I thought.....don't mess with it.
Thanks.
Tom
Shhhh!
Tom K. wrote:

I did it on my Z3 3.0i and I won 33 mph but I had to stick the //M Badge on the rear.

Do not adjust that bolt.