E36 alarm

Is it possible to lock my car without switching on the alarm? It's an 98 323ti with a class 3 alarm from BMW which goes haywire every once in a while. The manual doesn't seem to say anything about the subject.
I want to be able to just lock it before taking it to the dealer.
Cheers.
I have the same problem with my 328IS 97 alarm. I just lock it with the driver key every time I want to make sure the alarm will not go off accidentally. My alarm usually "false alarms" on hot days. Why I do not know?
bball328 wrote:

Won't locking it with the key switch on the alarm as well? I think mine does but am not sure come to think of it. I suspected UMTS hubs for a while. Mostly because parking close to one of them makes the remote completely useless.