E36 bumper cover (airdam) removal

Bentley manual isnt clear on removing the bumper cover (air dam) on E36 325i how is it attached to the body ? i see 4 screws below the trim, but those seem to be for the bumper not the big cover. are there more screws on the inside ? my bumper cover is slilghtly detached after running over a tree stump and i want to fix it thanks

Reply to
news

That strip that runs all of the way around the car covers bolts on the front and rear bumpers that hold the bumper covers on. Use a small screw driver to remove the short section of the cover onthe right hand side (exposes the hole that the recovery loop screws into), then from there proceed to remove the remaining sections. On my car, this strip is black, but on some cars it can be color matched.

The fenderwell liner and some plastic duct work also attaches to the bumper cover. The fender liner also has a few screws that hold it to the inside of the fender. The liner costs in the area of $25, as does the various ducting parts.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

there are two screws one each side, one by the tow hook loop, in the front of the bumper, that doesnt seem to attach the bumper cover.. i can move the bumper cover and see they arent attached to those screws. are there other screws on the side ?

Reply to
news

Yes, there are screws around on the sides. The fender liner screws need to be removed as well.

I have worked on my car in the area where you are working, but I have not actually removed the bumper cover. I saw several screws under the strip that hides the hook loop, and I assumed these hold the cover on. I also assumed you haven't taken the strip off ...

Reply to
J Strickland