E36 Cabin Temperature Control Problem

Initially I could only get one speed out of the blower, so I changed the resistor assembly and the motor works fione but I can't adjust the temperature at all. Even with the a/c on it still blows the same
temperature. Change the heater setting from low to hot - same temp.
Ideas?
Thanks
What year E36?

1992

The E36 control panels are a problem area. Probably replace it.
One more thing. Are you trying to adjust the temp with the big knob below the vent, or with the two temp knobs on the panel? The big knob has always seemed to control the temp in my car. It seems like the small knobs only seem to do anything when the fan control is in the automatic area. The area b4 you get to the fan speed #'s.

It was working before by using the individual control knobs.