E36 Control Arm Assembly / Ball Joint Replacement

I am in the process of replacing my struts. When examining the suspension components, I did see any significant wear or failure indicators regarding my ball joints or lower control arm bushings. I
am the second owner (car now has 100k). However, I realize the parts (i.e. ball joints, lower control arm bushings), according to BMW reccommendations, are past the end of their useful life, . Would anyone suggest replacing the complete control arm assembly, rather than simply replacing the ball joint. Is it easier to install a control arm with preinstalled ball joints, rather than having to smack the old one out and put a new one in? Any and all suggestions appreciated.

(CORRECTION) I did see NOT any significant wear or failure

(CORRECTION) I did see NOT any significant wear or failure

I replaced the complete arms on my E36 at 135k miles when one of the balljoints started showing a little wear. It's much easier than replacing the balljoints themselves.
JB

It's not so much was there any significant wear as was there ANY wear? If you have a tool for pressing in/out the balljoints then it's just up to you which way you want to go but beleive that the inner balljoint isn't replacable on it's own? (or was that just the E30?)

I replaced the complete control arms at 105,000 miles on my 1994 E36. Not significantly more expensive than replacing just the ball joint and I would say easier.

The whole control arm isn't appreciably more expensive than just the bushings alone, and it is a little easier to just swap the arm out rather than removing the arm and putting it on an arbor press to get the things out. If you don't have a bench press, it could be a whole lot easier.
I'd change the whole control arm out, and I'm an extreme cheapskate. --scott

33:9; 40:17; 41:26; 43:13.
Jer. 11:21; 15:12; 17:9. Pravum est cor omnium et incrustabile; quis cognoscet illud?130 that is to say, Who can know all its evil? For it is already known to be wicked. Ego dominus,131 etc.--vii. 14, Faciam domui huic,132 etc. Trust in external sacrifices--7:22, Quia non sum locutus,133 etc. Outward sacrifice is not the essential point--11:13, Secundum numerum,134 etc. A multitude of doctrines.
Is. 44:20-24; 54:8; 63:12-17; 66:17. Jer. 2:35; 4:22-24; 5:4, 29-31; 6:16; 22:15-17.
683. Types.--The letter kills. All happened in types. Here is the cipher which Saint Paul gives us. Christ must suffer. An humiliated God. Circumcision of the heart, true fasting, true sacrifice, a true temple. The prophets have shown that all these must be spiritual.
Not the meat which perishes, but that which does not perish.
"Ye shall be free indeed." Then the other freedom was only a type of freedom.
"I am the true bread from Heaven."
684. Contradiction.--We can only describe a good character by reconciling all contrary qualities, and it is not enough to keep up