E36 convertible window

Anyone done business with these folks? My 99 M3's window is shot, but I can't justify buying the factory piece at $300+ when I've got 125k miles on her.
Either: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E36-Convertible-Window-318-323-325-328_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33652QQihZ013QQitemZ230165428647QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
or
http://www.bmw-convertible-window.com/E36Window.asp
Looks like the same group to me.
Thanks in advance!
Rancho

If the window is just cloudy - try cleaning it with plastic cleaner. I use Mcquirer's three step cleaner. If it is for a Z3 - check out some of the Z3 forums - there is a lot of dialog and help there for cleaning and replacement.
Dave

Why not? That car will easily last another 125k.

I suppose it might if I were to sink enough cash into it. But the body is pretty rough--lots of chips and dings--the passenger side airbag sensor has gone bad, the clutch is due to be replaced, suspension is shot, the windshield is shot, the back window is cracked and leaking (refererencing Dave's response), the ragtop's tensioning straps need to be replaced again--seems to me those are just badly designed; I've put on a set every 30k miles or so--, I just had to replace a head gasket. I could drop $5 grand easily just getting her back up to snuff. Or foist her onto a dealer as a trade-in or honestly eBay her en route to a new car.
It's a question of when to stop injecting more cash and replace her. Upside: New car. Downside: big cash outlay and/or payments. Bleah.
So for the moment it's a matter of minimizing unnecessary expenses while I make a decision.
Thanks a ton to both of you for the input.
Rancho
There are always a couple of Z3 tops and windows for sale on eBay.
The Z3 Riders forum has comments related to replacing the top is NOT a do-it-yourself project - dunno about the window. See.... the Yahoo Groups - Z3 Riders for discussion. I searched for "rear window" and came up with quite a few discussions and references to other sites.
Finding a reputable window replacement shop could be a problem, depending where you live. I read on the groups pages that some people have successfully replaced the windows themselves. Maybe checkout z3fixit pages on www.z3ers.com
http://www.waycoolinc.com/z3/essentials/fixit/rearwindow/69966.html.htm
Good luck,
Dave
On Sep 6, 4:02 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks! :)
I don't feel unduly threatened by trying it myself. I mean, worst case is I totally screw the pooch and have to take it to a shop nearby to let them put the new window in. But I live in a pretty urban area (Orange County, California), so there's plenty of places happy to take your money <backspace backspace, backspace> help the consumer out at a reasonable charge.
The link you sent had this to say, "The hardest part for me was getting the zipper started on the new window" which fits in with what I read on the site of the guy selling those windows.
Thanks again!
Rancho

You mess the zipper up (which is very easy to do) and you will need to buy another new window.