E36 front brake caliper sticking?

Hi All,
I have had a problem with a sticking front brake caliper on the left hand side (drivers side in UK) . It would intermitantly stick causing the
steering wheel to judder, it would slowly ease up then go away (presumably as the pad wore away) then come back either in the wet, or for no apparent reason.
I found a replacement caliper from a breakers yard and fitted it with a friend and bleed the system the it all seemed OK again. That was about 2 months ago.
Recently the problem has returned the same as before. Is it just the same problem as before (sticking caliper) and I was unlucky with a dodgy caliper or is it possible it could it be something else? Maybe a feed from the master cylinder to that 'corner' or something? I don't know much about what else it could be so that is just speculation...
If anyone has any thoughts or could confirm what the best course of action would be it would be most appreciated.
Many thanks in advance,
Jon
EDIT...

What am I on? I meant passenger side, just got back from France and not quite on it yet... :)
TIA
Jon

caliper
what
I've had success un-seizing caliper pistons by injecting brake fluid inside the seal with a syringe, then working the piston back and forward a couple of times.
But there's another way a caliper can seize - most calipers are the single piston sliding type (I don't know the E36) and the caliper body needs to move. If removing and replacing it worked for a short time it might be stuck in this way. Take it off, clean up all the bolts and rusty contacting surfaces (with a screwdriver, wire brush, sandpaper), grease it all and put it back together.
If a binding brake causes judder you probably need a new brake disc as well.