E36 front fog light removal.

Can anyone tell me (preferably supply pictures) of how to remove the front fog lights from an E36.
The only "diagram" I have seen simply says "remove lamp with aid of a
screwdriver" it makes no mention of where this magical removal screwdriver should be waved! (Jammed through the front of the glass for all I know!).
I've had a crawl about with a torch and there are 2 U (turned 90 degrees) shaped cutouts in the bumper, one gives access to a philips screw, but that just makes the light angle go up and down. The other just seems to lead into the darkness where the spiders live.
Can anyone help?
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

Those "U (turned 90 degrees)" cut outs are where the screw driver goes. There is a release mechanism in there that the screwdriver will release.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

It's the one where the spiders live.. if you look down from above on the drivers side with a very bright flashlight and good eyes - you can see the catch assembly. Don't try to release it from the top - you WILL break it.
The screwdriver gets pushed in - straightish so it hits the "paddle" sort of thing on the release. This rotates a cam that pushes the light out.
You can also access this if you feel like taking the center belly-pan off. If you do that (PITA) you can get to them with your fingers.
about something:

I've had another look and I really can't see anything that looks like a release paddle. The spider has had 9 years to collect all sorts of stuff in there.
I think I will take the safe option and remove belly-pan.
Many thanks for the replies.
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:03:29 +0100, Dodgy

Thanks for that, I took the front nose under trim off of one side, and got to the back of the light, got it out and was then able to pop the other 1 out, and the 2 on my old car in about 30 seconds flat.
I took some photos which I'll put onto my website at some point so the next person along can benefit from my experience.
After taking them out I found that both of the holders on my new car were broken, so I had to go and take them off the old car too, something which if you have the right length screwdriver, you can do by reaching through the hole left by the fog light you've just taken off.
Eventually I got them tranplanted and the car looks much happier now. :-)
Dodgy.
I managed to brake it when I tried the screwdriver as per owner's manual. It is now in place with some double sided tape, cause you'll be able to see the duck tape if I used that.
MW

I used my 10ga shotgun with solid lead slugs.

I suspect you may have been the previous owner of my new car, 'cos that's exactly what the old ones looked like had happened!
Dodgy.