E36 M3 minor body work

I have found a number of dings, tiny dents (in odd places), scratches, and missing undercarriage pieces on my 98 M3. I have already learned from this group that this particular car (4 door automatic) is not very
worthy of my time but I still like it.
I have the E36 manual and can do just about anything I need to now. What I do not know how to do it fix the dings and chips myself. I fill and send and fill and sand but they never seem to go away. Recommendations? As far as the little dents - they are in places that I am not sure how to get to. In the front quarterpanel, on top, next to the hood. Like something fell on the car?! Is there a way I can fix these or do I need a professional?
Thanks for any help, JM
PS: The car is yellow so matching paint is a bear. PPS: Did they use clearcoat back in 98?
jmiller0666 wrote:

If the paint is unbroken, try one of the paintless dent removal guys. The fees they charge are *very* reasonable, considering they don't mess up your original paint. Also, I have found that (assuming you establish this in advance) they will not charge you if they can't get the dent out. If that happens you are no worse off than you were beforehand.
--
-Fred W