E36 service

My 328i 1995 model is due for a service. What would need to be checked/replaced apart from plugs, oil & filter? All previous services has been done by a BMW dealership. It has now done 142,000 km and has been
serviced every 12 - 13,000 km.
MW

Good idea to do the gearbox and differential fluids every 60k miles, especially on an automatic.
Coolant and brake fluid every two years.
They also replace fan belts, not certain of the interval. Much cheaper to do this every few years than have one break in the middle of nowhere :-)
It has been used only for short trips mostly over the last few years. Has not been serviced since somewhere in 2002. I just can't afford an expensive service right now 'cause I just bought the car.
When would the last cambelt replacement have been done? I once broke the cambelt on my E30 320i (180,000km), and that was plenty money to fix. Don't want to go there again, especially not with a 24 valve motor...
John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland

MW de Jager wrote:

Has

expensive
Service doesn't have to be expensive if you do it yourself. Unless you're a goldbrick type who doesn't want to get his hands a little dirty, the job is easy. I change my oil and filter every 8,500 miles or so; the plugs about every 30k miles; brake fluid flush every two years; coolant every three; belts should last around 60k miles (almost 97k km).

Never. Your car has a timing *chain*, and they don't need changing on a regular basis.
-- Cliff

24 valve engines have chains...
--
*Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson" *

John Burns wrote:

It is (a good idea)?

Every three years is sufficient for coolant.

cheaper
nowhere
Agreed, but belts should last a good 60K miles on average.
-- Cliff