E36 Spring Question

I've been informed by many people that the springs on the 328i sport coupe are the same for any other coupe.. I've had a spring fail on my 328i sport... and I'm wondering if this is true?
Cheers
Craig

Why not see if the part number is the same for both. Mike.
C.Read wrote:

Not strictly true in all cases but it depends on whether it's front or rear. Use it as a good excuse to get a set of eibachs