e39, 2001 530i - rear brake caliper bracket

HI all

Just changing my rear brake disc and pads and I have a few questions:

  1. The lower caliper bracket bolt is very inaccesible to torque to recommended setting - is it okay if I make it real tight and leave?
  2. These caliper bolts don't appear to be a 16mm bolt! And I'm started to round the head, slightly, is it worth changing and can anyone tell me what exactly are the size of these caliper bracket bolts?
  3. I noticed the rear discs to rub slightly against the handbrake shoes is this normal, again it is only a light friction sound?

Thanks for all your help.

Matt

Reply to
MP

If you put the wheels back on and lower the car, you can *just* get a torque wrench on the lower caliper bracket bolt.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)